Dog Guard® Out-of-Sight Fencing® is a safe, affordable alternative to traditional pet fences, and uses a veterinarian-approved combination of animal training and state-of-the art electronics to safely train your pet where it can and cannot go. We strongly recommend that you view our infomercial on the homepage, which provides a friendly yet informative overview for our wireless pet containment systems, the training program and other frequently asked questions.
How a Dog Guard® Out-of-Sight Fencing® System Works After your signal wire is buried to define the area(s) of containment (indicated in white to the right), boundary flags are setup within the perimeter of the signal wire. During the early days of training, you walk your leashed dog around the inside perimeter of your pet containment area, and verbal commands are used to train your pet to avoid the boundary flags. After your system is activated, when your pet enters the reminder zone (in yellow) 3 to 6 feet from the signal wire, they receive your choice of an audio signal or a mild correction stimulus, warning that they are approaching the boundary. If they enter the red correction zone, they receive a stronger correction. A Complete Dog Guard® Out of Sight Fencing® DG9XT, DG5000 or DG Micro System usually includes:
- Dog Guard® Transmitter Transmits the radio frequency to and throughout the buried signal/boundary wire. Also controls the depth of the correction zone, (the signal field or distance from the wire before a reminder or correction stimulus is used).
- Dog Guard® Lightning Protection Unit Automatically disconnects the transmitter in case of AC power surges and lightning.
- Dog Guard® Receiver appropriate for your pet(s) (see our receivers) Worn by your pet and used to produce a tone or correction stimulus when they enter the reminder or correction zones (i.e., the signal field).
- Chew protectors Used to protect the receiver from damage by your pet.
- Boundary wire Carries the signal from the transmitter that defines the areas your pet can and cannot go, but does NOT carry any current of any kind*.
- Boundary flags Used during training to help your pet visually recognize where they can and cannot go.
- Battery To ensure their reliability and performance, Dog Guard batteries are specially welded together. Unlike our competitors’ multiple cell batteries which run the risk of breaking contact, DG batteries maintain 100% connection. Sign up for our optional Battery Plan, and help insure the safety of your pet while avoiding the chance of receiver problems stemming from battery failure!
- Training manual covering pet training.
How to Use your Dog Guard® Out-of-Sight Fencing System
|Basic Perimeter SystemWith a garden or pool loop, or you can protect any other area you like.||Double LoopCan cover 1, 2, or 3 sides of your property. Ideal for customers with traditional fencing on part of the property. Also great for Condo’s or Duplexes.||Pinch OffsThis creates 2 different zones. Allows you to keep your pet in which ever zone you like.|
If you have any further questions about our underground electric dog fence* please contact your local Dog Guard® dealer using the “Find a Dealer” form at the top of the page, call us at 636-397-3323, or send us your questions and comments directly.